HTML Markup Wizard
Plus Three is a small, profitable start up committed to using and contributing to Open Source and Free Software to deliver better, more robust solutions to our clients. Our systems support fund raising, building activist communities and increasing the communication between our clients and their constituents.
This position will support Plus Three Project Managers and Developers with the implementation, launch and maintenance of client websites, blogs and email campaigns.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years doing HTML/CSS work
- Convert Photoshop documents into HTML
- Perform ongoing changes to existing sites and blogs
- Photoshop (or Gimp)
You do not need to be a wizard, but you do need to know how to convert a PSD into good clean HTML and how to optimize images for clarity and size.
- HTML and CSS
We are looking for someone with good knowlegde of modern best practices (tableless-layout, semantic markup, etc). We are not looking for Dreamweaver or WYSIWYG weenies. Gotta know it, browser incompatabilities,
warts and all.
The more you know the better. If you can put together interesting things based on what you've seen other sites do - good. If you can write your own effects and libraries - even better.
- Templating Systems
Knowing how to use an HTML templating system is very important for the sites and blogs that we develop. Ever worked on a system that uses Django, ClearSilver, HTML::Template, TAL, Vignette, eRuby, Rails or sometimes even PHP? Good. Can you work with variables, loops and conditionals? Even better.
- Communication Skills
You have to be able to take critique (and not take it personally) and know how to ask for help.
- Desire to Learn
The internet is a constantly changing place and you need to be willing to keep up with it.
- Attention to detail and high level of consistency.
Desired Skills (Extra Special Super Bonus Points)
- Bug reporting systems (Bugzilla, RT, Trac, etc)
- Subversion (or another Source Code Management system)
- XML (for RSS, Podcasting, etc)
- Video editing capabilities
- Flash creation and editing
Pay & Benefits
- Very competitive salary based on experience.
- Plus Three provides a wide array of benefits to full-time employees. For more information, click here.
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to jobs AT plusthree.com.
Plus Three requires the candidate to be a United States citizen or resident alien living in the United States. This position will be based in Raleigh, NC.